You've added an item to your quote. Edit quote
Atlas WS™ Wire Seal Flanges
When size requirements for demountable flanges exceed that of standard Atlas CF™ flanges, Atlas Wire-Seal Flanges are the choice. These large, lightweight flanges enable you to utilize the many superior vacuum, physical, chemical, and nuclear properties of UHV aluminum vacuum chambers. Atlas Wire-Seal Flanges are made from large-area Atlas explosion-welded material.
These flanges utilize a 316L stainless steel sealing surface to crush a wire gasket and a 6061-T6 aluminum flange body for weld-up to Atlas aluminum chambers. All Wire-Seal Flanges are vacuum tested and guaranteed leak tight to a rate of 1 x 10-9 cc/sec of He prior to shipping.
A male and female flange compresses a 0.080 inch diameter OFHC copper wire to affect a seal. A back bevel on the knife-edge improves the seal by making it more tolerant to thermal cycles, as well as enhancing its durability.
Please contact an Atlas salesperson for pricing and availability.
- Bi-Metallic Aluminum 6061 T6 bonded to 316L Stainless Steel
- Bi-Metallic Aluminum 6061 T6 bonded to Titanium Grade 2 used for non-magnetic environments
- All-Titanium Grade 5 is ideal to seal titanium vacuum chambers for non-magnetic and XHV vacuum regimes
Atlas Bi-Metallic Wire-Seal Flange Features
- Aluminum to stainless or titanium explosion welded (EXW) bimetallic construction.
- 1/3 the weight of stainless steel flanges.
- UHV/XHV rated to 1 x 10-13 Torr.
- 100% compatible with third-party stainless Wire-Seal hardware.
- Vacuum leak tested to < 1 x 10-9 cc/sec of He
- Peak Temperature (during weld-up) 300°C
- Operational Temperature from -200°C to 250°C
Mechanical (EXW Interface)