You've added an item to your quote. Edit quote
Atlas WS™ Wire Seal Flanges
A back bevel on the knife-edge improves the seal by making it more tolerant to thermal cycles, as well as enhancing its durability.
When size requirements for demountable flanges exceed that of standard Atlas CF™ flanges, Atlas Wire-Seal flanges are the choice. These large, lightweight flanges enable you to utilize the many superior vacuum, physical, chemical and nuclear properties of UHV aluminum vacuum chambers. Atlas Wire-Seal flanges are made from large-area Atlas explosion welded material.
These flanges provide 316L stainless steel for the sealing surface to crush a wire gasket and 6061-T6 aluminum flange body for weld-up to Atlas plate, cylindrical, spherical, monocoque, or extruded chambers. All wire-seal flanges are vacuum tested and guaranteed leak tight to a rate of 1×10 -9 cc/sec of He prior to shipping.
A male and female flange compresses a 0.080 inch diameter OFHC copper wire to affect a seal.
Material Choices & Part Name:
Atlas wire seal flanges are vacuum tested with a guaranteed leak-rate of less than 1×10 -9 cc He/sec.
- Bi-Metallic Aluminum 6061 T6 bonded to 316L Stainless Steel
- Bi-Metallic Aluminum 6061 T6 bonded to Titanium Grade 2 used for non-magnetic environments
- All Titanium Grade 5 used to seal titanium vacuum chambers for non-magnetic and XHV vacuum regimes
Atlas WS™ Wire Seal Flanges — Large format UHV metal-seal bimetallic flanges for tube sizes from 10 to 24 inches in diameter.
Atlas Bi-Metallic Wire-Seal Flange Features
- Aluminum to stainless or titanium explosion welded (EXW) bimetallic construction.
- 1/3 the weight of stainless steel flanges.
- UHV-XHV rated to 1×10-13 Torr.
- 100% Compatible with third-party stainless Wire-Seal hardware.
- Body/Weld Interface—Aluminum 6061-T6
- Sealing Edge—Stainless Steel 316L or Titanium Grade 2
- Vacuum leak tested to < 1×10-9 cc/sec of He
- Peak Temperature (During weld-up) 300°C
- Operational Temperature from -200°C to 250°C please consult Atlas
Mechanical (EXW Interface)