Titanium ConFlat® Flange
All-Metal UHV and XHV Sealing for Non-Magnetic Titanium Vacuum Chambers
The Atlas CFTI™: The time-tested reliability of the solid titanium CF flange is well established. Weld the CFTI™ flange to a titanium vacuum chamber, and it becomes completely non-magnetic. Non-magnetic titanium vacuum chambers will not interact with magnetic environments and are commonly utilized for UHV synchrotron, particle physics, various industrial applications, and even XHV quantum physics studies. Such applications include non-magnetic beam tubes, wigglers, undulators, free electron lasers (FEL), drift tubes, and spectrometers.
Light/Low Weight Atlas CFTI™ Flanges: These flanges can be used for weight sensitive applications such as aeronautical, space, or portable systems. Weight-to-volume ratios are 1/3 that of stainless steel flanges, so vacuum chamber engineers are able to significantly reduce overall weight of vacuum chambers. The Atlas CFTI™ Flange provides standard all-metal sealing for titanium vacuum chambers and enables vacuum engineers and designers to fully utilize the exceptional UHV and XHV properties of an all-titanium system.
- UHV Rated to 1 x 10-13 Torr
- 1/3 the weight of stainless steel flanges.
- 90° included angle, long-life knife-edge design, developed at CERN.
- 100% Compatible with the industry standard ConFlat® interface.
- Standard Flange sizes: 1.33”-16.5” (DN16-DN500)
- Titanium Grade 2
- Sealing Knife-Edge Face: Titanium Grade 2
- Rotatable Collar/Receiver: 304 stainless steel (Titanium optional)
- Vacuum Leak Tested: < 1 x 10-9 cc/sec of He
- Peak Temperature: 450°C (during weld-up)
- Operational Temperature: -200°C to 400°C
- Tensile: 63,000psi (434MPa)
- Shear: 79,800psi (550MPa)
ConFlat® is a trademark of the Varian Corporation.
Diagrams & Variations
|Rotation||Bore||Bolt Holes||Part #||Hardware||Files||Actions|
|Non-Rotatable||3.00"||5/16-24 US Tap||TICF-0462-11||Show||
|Non-Rotatable||Blank||5/16-24 US Tap||TICF-0462-14||Show||
|Non-Rotatable||3.00"||M8 mm Tap||TICF-0462-21||Show||
|Non-Rotatable||Blank||M8 mm Tap||TICF-0462-24||Show||