You've added an item to your quote. Edit quote
Atlas WS™ Wire Seal Flanges
Back bevel on knife edge improves seal by making it more tolerant to thermal cycles as well as enhancing its durability.
When size requirements for demountable flanges exceed that of standard Atlas CF™ flanges, Atlas Wire Seal flanges are the choice. These large, lightweight flanges enable you to utilize the many superior vacuum, physical, chemical and nuclear properties of UHV aluminum vacuum chambers. Atlas Wire Seal flanges are made from large-area Atlas explosion welded material.
These flanges provide 316L stainless steel for the sealing surface to crush a wire gasket and 6061-T6 aluminum flange body for weld-up to Atlas plate, cylindrical, spherical, monocoque or extruded chambers. All wire seal flanges are vacuum tested and guaranteed leak-tight to a rate of 1×10 -9 cc/sec of He prior to shipping.
A male and female flange compresses a 0.080 inch diameter OFHC copper wire to affect a seal.
Material Choices & Part Name:
Atlas wire seal flanges are vacuum tested and guaranteed leak-rate of 1×10 -9 cc He/sec.
- Bi-Metallic Aluminum 6061 T6 bonded to 316L Stainless Steel WSBIA-xxx-
- Bi-Metallic Aluminum 6061 T6 bonded to Titanium Grade 2 used for non-magnetic environments are needed WSBIT-xxx
- All Titanium Grade 5 used to seal titanium vacuum chambers for non-magnetic and XHV vacuum regimes. WSTI-xxx-
Atlas WS™ Wire Seal Flanges — Large format UHV metal-seal bimetallic flanges for tube sizes from 10 to 24 inches in diameter.
Atlas Bi-Metallic Wire-Seal Flange Features
- Aluminum to stainless or titanium explosion welded (EXW) bimetallic construction
- 1/3 The Weight of Stainless Flanges
- UHV-XHV Rated to 1×10-13 Torr
- 100% Compatible with third-party stainless Wire-Seal hardware
- Body/Weld Interface—Aluminum 6061-T6
- Sealing Edge—Stainless Steel 316L or Titanium Grade 2
- Vacuum leak tested to < 1×10-9 cc/sec of He
- Peak Temperature (During weld-up) 300°C
- Operational Temperature from -200°C to 250°C please consult Atlas
Mechanical (EXW Interface)