Aluminum vacuum used in Nuclear application use CFTA™ flanges are Low Z, Low Nuclear Activation are critical. In neutron applications such as the production of radioisotopes for medical imaging, aluminum vessels fitted with our flanges replace all stainless UHV systems, Residual, neutron induced; radiation in aluminum has a half-life order of magnitude shorter than that of stainless (which contains Cobalt and Chrome). Our CFTA™ flanges enable aluminum UHV system use in high magnetic environment like cyclotrons and nuclear reactors.
Light/Low weight Atlas CFTA™ Flanges: For weight sensitive applications such as Aeronautical, Space or portable systems. Weight to volume ratios are 1/3 that of stainless vacuum chambers. Understand these facts, engineers can significantly reduce overall weight. Depending on size, reduced titanium flanges are produced with a titanium interface that’s about 20% to 40% thinner than standard Atlas flanges (AL/SS) flanges. Contact our sales department for more information on our custom bimetallic, high and ultrahigh vacuum solutions.
- Atlas CFTA™ Flanges are suitable for service in vacuum levels to 1×10 -13+ Torr and 250°C bake out temperatures. Our bimetallic flanges can be easily welded to aluminum vacuum vessels and are the key to successful integration of aluminum UHV technology in your application.
- Atlas titanium to aluminum bimetallic flanges is fully compatible with the industry standard ConFlat® flange interface. Employing CERN’s innovative 20° back-bevel (90° included angle) (Figure 1) knife-edge design, the Atlas CFTA™ Flange provides a longer service life than conventional CF flanges
- Atlas flanges are used in prominent high (HV), ultrahigh (UHV) and extreme high vacuum (XHV) applications around the world. They find extensive use with semiconductor fabrication OEMs where superior heat conduction, chemical resistance, manufacturing ease and the lower cost of aluminum vacuum systems translate into measurable productivity and cost of ownership advantages.
- UHV Rated to 1×10-13+ Torr
- 1/3 the weight of stainless flanges
- 90° included angle, long-life knife-edge design, developed at CERN
- 100% Compatible with the industry standard ConFlat® interface.
- Standard Flange sizes 1.33 –16.5”
- Body/Weld Interface: Aluminum 6061-T6
- Sealing Knife-Edge Face: Titanium Grade 2, Titanium (Commercially Pure) Optional
Rotatable Collar/Receiver: Aluminum 6061-T6, Titanium Optional
- Vacuum Leak Tested: < 1x10E-9 cc/sec of He
Peak Temperature: 300°C (during weld-up)
Operational Temperature: -200°C to 250°C
Mechanical—Explosion Bonded Interface
- Tensile: 15,00psi (103MPa)
- Shear: 10,000psi (69MPa)