Titan CF™ bimetallic flanges—the aluminum flange with a stainless steel knife-edge seal, makes UHV titanium vacuum systems a reality.
Titan CF™ Flange Features
- Patented UHV aluminum to stainless explosion welding technology (EXW) that is only available from Atlas
- UHV Rated to 1x10-13+ Torr
- 1/2 the weight of stainless flanges
- 90° included angle, long-life knife-edge design, developed at CERN
- 100% Compatible with the industry standard ConFlat® interface. Reduced stainless steel, Cryogenic, non-magnetic, rectangular and other specialty flange solutions also available
Titan CF™ Flanges are fully compatible with the industry standard ConFlat® flange. Atlas uses CERN’s 20° back-bevel knife-edge design with a long-life 90° encompassed angle geometry. Atlas flanges are quality controlled using material batch monitoring processes.
Body/Weld Interface: CP Grad ll
Knife-Edge: Stainless Steel 316L
Vacuum Leak Tested: < 1x10E-9 cc/sec of He
Peak Temperature: 450°C (during weld-up)
Operational Temperature: 400°C